These stunning takamakura are an antique Japanese pillows set, and are with an older wooded storage case. The pillows were popular through much of Japan due to how women's hair styles were set, making it hard for them to sleep with their head directly resting on a pillow or any surface. The base stand for the smaller of 2 pillows is most likely hand painted, and does not have any damage of note.
The filler content of these pillows is unknown.
Red Pillow & Stand Measurements:
- Condition: B+, this antique pillow and support are in good condition for their age. The string that is used to tie the pillow to the box is missing. There are a few small holes in the white frill of the pillow.
- Width (combined): 8 in - 20.5 cm
- Height (combined): 9 in - 23 cm
Black & White Large Pillow Measurements:
- Condition: B, a few visible stains are on this pillow. The structure and fabric of this pillow is sound. There are some small holes in the white frill of the pillow.
- Width: 13.5 in - 34.5 cm
- Height: 7 in - 18 cm
Wooden Storage Case Measurements:
- Condition: C, the wooden case for these pillows is held together with wooden pins, and has no nails or glue. The wooden storage box for the pillows is in rough condition with many loose seams.
- Width: 13 in - 33 cm
- Height: 8.5 in 22 cm
- Depth: 15.5 in - 40 cm