A fine small scale white botanical pattern covers this entire green Japanese kimono. This kind of kimono is called an edo komon, and is considered more formal than everyday kimono but less formal than an iromuji. It can be worn as semi-formal attire in a very relaxed setting.
- Kimono Condition: B+, this vintage Japanese kimono has discoloration on the front left collar that will not be visible when the collar is folded in half for wearing.
- Wrist To Wrist: 50 in - 127 cm
- Back Width: 24 in - 60.96 cm
- Total Length: 57 in - 144.78 cm
- Collar: Full (needs an erishin collar stiffener, which we sell)
- Liner: Lined
- Mon: 1
Juban are typically worn under almost all types of kimono, the exceptions being yukata and onsen kimono. Juban help to protect the inside of the kimono from the natural oils and sweat present on human skin. Furthermore, juban add a touch of modesty to Japanese kimono, and the can be partly seen when worn under a kimono.