This beautiful vintage Japanese kimono has plus size potential, as there is extra fabric in the seams which could be let out to increase the girth of the kimono. The kimono is covered in an overall busy design which somewhat resembles clouds in various colors paired with traditional tools and items from Japanese life: books, silk bolts, and more. This kind of kimono is considered informal attire, but is more formal than a yukata but far less formal than a kimono such ads s kuro-tomesode or furisode. Women at any age, and any marriage status can wear this kind of kimono.
A juban is worn under this kind of kimono, and a nagoya obi is commonly paired with this type of kimono.
- Kimono Condition: B, gently used with minor flaws in the form of some faint discolorations that have no serious impact on wear or presentation. However the stitches on the sleeves need to be touched up, and have some lose. This is an easy diy hand stitch repair, with many resources easily looked up online for how to do this.
- Wrist To Wrist: 49 in - 124.46 cm
- Back Width: 23 in - 58.42 cm
- Total Length: 58.5 in - 148.59 cm
- Liner: Unlined
- Collar: Half
- Recommended Kimono Accessories: koshihimo, juban, nagoya obi
We add new stock to our online store weekly, the majority of which is imported directly from Japan. To be among the first to know about sales, new stock, and more sign up for our 'Kimono Insider' email list.
Salmon Pink & Beige Japanese Kimono
Our selection of authentic kimono are directly imported from Japan. Many of the kimono and their designs offered are unique, and one of a kind. The majority of kimono we offer are vintage and gently used, however, we also import a divine selection of real new kimono as well. Regardless of what you purchase from us, do so with the confidence that we offer only the finest of traditional Japanese kimono at affordable prices.