This outstanding vintage box set (tanzakubako for tea ceremony is interesting, as it boldly displays the mon for the Japanese government on the water jar. This is a great set with many lovely elements included in it. The chadogu accessories that come with this set are in good, bordering on new condition and are ideal for using or displaying in a collection.
- Wooden Case Condition: The wooden box itself is in good condition, and has a few minor flaws. The metal on the box has some rust on it. Additionally the bottom right front panel of the box has some damage, a chip broken off. There is some faint dirt and staining on the case, typical of it having been used.
- Accessory Conditions: The accessories that come with this set such as the lovely earthenware pottery that features the Imperial and Government mons are in good condition, ready to use or be displayed in a collection. Included with this set are several items such as: hishaku, a mizusashi, and a usucha-ki. The primary flaw noted is that some of the accessories have a slightly dirty bottom from use.
- Water Jar Stamp: The stamp reads 'Kiyomitsu'清光,
- Photos: If you wish to see additional photos from this set, please feel free to contact us.
- Disclaimer: While we have a deep appreciation and passion for traditional Japanese culture, we do not have access to a mentor to teach us about chanoyu in a proper instructional setting. As a result, there is a chance that we may have mislabeled something, and we apologize for such.
We encourage customers to pay for the special USPS delicate handling for this order, and are not responsible for shipping damages.