This striking vintage white furisode is most likely made of silk and features peacocks. Furisode are a kind of Japanese kimono that is worn by younger unmarried women in highly formal social settings. Typically a fukuro obi is worn with this kind of kimono, as well as a juban. This kimono is light weight.
- Kimono Condtion: B, minor flaws in the form of a few small stains. The lining of this kimono is yellowed with age.
- Wrist To Wrist: 50.25 in - 128 cm
- Back Width: 24 in - 61 cm
- Sleeve Length: 36.5 in - 93 cm
- Kimono Length: 61 in - 156 cm
- Lined: Yes
- Collar: Full
Did you know that we originally started as an educational outreach program about Japanese kimono? Still today we are dedicated to helping educate the public about Japanese kimono, and even have a selection of useful learning options online. Check out our book reviews, guide to kinds of Japanese kimono, and even kimono kitsuke dressing videos!