This vintage women's edo komon is a pumpkin orange and buttercream yellow with a fine katsumi pattern. Edo Komon are a semi-formal kimono type, which are sometimes worn to settings such as tea ceremony. A juban should be worn under this kind of kimono, and a nagoya obi atop it. This kimono is potentially made of silk on the exterior, and very likely to be fully lined in silk.
- Iromuji Condition: B+, needs to be ironed with some minor flaws that have no serious impact on wear or presentation. This kimono comes with a coordinating yellow dataeri.
- Wrist To Wrist: 51 in - 129.54 cm
- Back Width: 25.5 in - 64.77 cm
- Total Length: 57.5 in - 146.05 cm
- Collar: Full (needs a eri-shin collar stiffener)
- Liner: Lined
- Mons: None
- Material Estimate: Organic Interior & Synthetic Exterior
Japanese kimono requires a variety of accessories to be worn in a traditional style. Contrary to popular belief the kimono is not held onto a person by the obi. Obi largely served a decorative role without any functional role. Kimono accessories such as koshihimo play the role of actually holding a kimono on a body. We offer a full range of traditional kimono dressing accessories for sale in our store.