This vintage women's iromuji kimono is a slate blue grey color. The rinzu creates an overall texture of no particular style. Iromuji are a semi-formal to formal style of Japanese kimono worn by women, and are a favorite for people who practice tea ceremony. A juban should be worn under this kind of kimono, and a nagoya obi atop it. This kimono is potentially made of silk on the exterior, and very likely to be fully lined in silk.
- Iromuji Condition: B, gently used with some faint and minor flaws that have no serious impact on wear or presentation. There is some faint discoloration on the front right breast that are visible and might be possible to clean. The kimono structurally is in good condition.
- Wrist To Wrist: 51.5 in - 130.81 cm
- Back Width: 26.5 in - 67.31 cm
- Total Length: 59 in - 149.86 cm
- Collar: Half
- Liner: Lined
- Mons: 1
- Material Estimate: Organic Interior & Synthetic, potentially all silk
Japanese kimono requires a variety of accessories to be worn in a traditional style. Contrary to popular belief the kimono is not held onto a person by the obi. Obi largely served a decorative role without any functional role. Kimono accessories such as koshihimo play the role of actually holding a kimono on a body. We offer a full range of traditional kimono dressing accessories for sale in our store.